56rf - rfid readers help.

Trox

Hi All

Project background : 16 RFID Modules running under a 1756-L73 contrologix.

Issue that i have got is that every once in a while, one or two of the readers fault. We cant see the fault on the i/o tree, but when you swipe the RFID card it does not pick it up.

Temp. solution : unplug the 56RF modules and wait 5 secs and plug it back and it all works...

I have had to do this every once a week and sometimes more than once.

anyone out there who had this issue? any solutions.

All help appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/56rf-um001_-en-p.pdf

The error codes are stored in the image table RFID_1:I:Channel[0].ChError and RFID_1:I:Channel[1].ChError. You have mentioned above that there is no error indicated. What about doing a channel reset?

'The channel reset bit is used to command an RFID channel reset. A value of 0
indicates that the channel is not being commanded to reset, a value of 1 indicates a
request to reset the channel'

Just a thought.
Regards,