Omron C200H Alarm LED

mjp123gp

I have a customer with the Omron C200H that occasionally will start flashing the alarm light and the machine stops. They say they can power down the whole machine for about 10 minutes and it will come back on and run for a little while but eventually does the same thing. I don't have any way to connect to the PLC at the moment. They kind of suspect it could be heat related but nothing has really changed in the past 15 years they've had it to make the cabinet any hotter. Processor was replaced about 4 months ago.

What are some other things that will cause the processor to go into alarm? I haven't been onsite yet but was hoping to get a few ideas before I go there.

Thanks

Processor, cards, rack. How did they replace the C200H - it has been dead for many years?

Possibly the power supply in the processor?
C200H was discontinued in 2001.
They should really look to replace the system.

Omron CS1 could reuse the modules and the code should convert.
Just make sure the backplane can use C200H modules.

gtsuport

it could be one of the following.
bad power to the plc supply, is a surge suppressor installed?
power supply going bad
cpu going bad
an I//o card going bad
water/ moisture in the system

may I suggest that the next time they have the fault and power down the system.

disconnect all plc components and reconnect them several times, you may have a dirty contact at a connection block. we have had this to occur here several times.

james

Possibly the power supply in the processor?
C200H was discontinued in 2001.
They should really look to replace the system.

Omron CS1 could reuse the modules and the code should convert.
Just make sure the backplane can use C200H modules.

gtsuport

You responded to one of my other posts about the correct cable to connect to this processor. Do you know if the C200H-LK202-V1 cable will work? The only difference I see compared to the LK201 is that is has the 9-pin connector instead of the 25 pin on the front.

Once upon a time we had machines with C200H systems. When we updated those, we replaced the CPU with CS1G-CPU43H, the power supply with PA204, and the 8 slot backplane with CS1W-BC083. The backplane was direct bolt on to the same mounting holes. The IO modules were reused.

With the newer CPU, we connected direct with a serial cable. I had a cable for the small connector but maybe we could connect with the DB9. We had other Omrons in that era. Some the DB9 worked for comms, some needed the small connector.

I don’t know how current these are but it might help figure out the future of your system.