High Power Panel Mount Indicator Light?

jordanat2012

Hi all,
This one isn't strictly related to PLCs, but more a component the PLC is driving. I'm working on a museum diorama that is controlled by an Allen Bradley Micro850 PLC with 24vdc sourcing outputs. I'm trying to find a panel mount indicator that operates at 24vdc and is as bright as possible so that I can illuminate certain areas of the diorama.

Right now I've got McMaster part number 2779K205 being driven directly from the sourcing output, but it's not even close to bright enough. If I'm looking at the user manual for the controller correctly, I can pass up to 0.3A directly through the sourcing output.

Does anyone know of a panel mount indicator, preferably white, that would provide a bright light?

Thanks!

Thanks for the idea Aabeck - I had looked at Digikey and Mouser, but hadn't thought of IDEC yet. I'll check them out.

I thought of relays too dogleg43. I've got that in my back pocket still, but was trying to avoid it as best I could. I have 25 small lights I need to control, and adding 25 relays was something I was trying to avoid.

I saw at a trade show some "Daylight Bright" indicator lights. They were very bright.

I thought it was from Idec, but a search showed these from Banner. And these from Digikey.

Last edited:
How bright is bright? What was the lumen output of the ones you tried and felt were insufficient? Can you try to find a light of any voltage that meets your lumen needs, then find a 24VDC one with that output AND within your power limitation? Research is your friend here.