Kinetix Motion

the_msp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am looking at getting some motion gear for R&D purposes. I have an L18ERM on order already which will be flashed to V30.

Servo drive wise, I'll likely buy something like Kinetix 350 2097-V31PR0-LM, 2nd hand. Being 2nd hand, it might not have the connectors on it so I will add:

2097-CONN1

Includes AC input power (IPD), back-up power (CPD), shunt and DC bus (BC), motor power (MP),
and safe-off (STO) replacement connectors for Kinetix 300/350 drives.

Motor wise I was browsing the AB site and not much the wiser. The VP series "are optimized to run with the Kinetix 5500 and 5700 servo drives" - optimized or exclusively for?

If I know the frame size, where do I go next... do I have to use an AB branded motor?

I am fairly certain the VP series motors are exclusive to the K5000 series drives. The VP series motors have 2-wire DSL feedback which the K350 cannot support. I haven't come across a DSL to Hiperface converter.

If you are looking to go real small loot at the TL series motors. They are the smallest and lowest cost offering you will find but I think they are all 230V motors.

It may be possible to operate a 3rd party motor on a K350 but I have never done it.

Keith

I believe the connector on the K350 side is field wireable. As long as the motor feedback is something the K350 can handle I don't think the connector makes a difference.

Keith