Dynapar Eagle MAX Position Advanced and ModBus 485 communication

mjisaacs

Has anyone on here ever connected one of the Dinosaur...I mean Dynapar MAX units (MAX Position, MAX Count, etc.) to a PLC or HMI? I tried connecting to a C-More micro i had laying around with the Modbus RTU 485 driver, and got nothing. I also connected it to a CLICK PLC I had, connected to port 2 (RS-232), ran to a FA-ISOCON isolated network adapter (because the Dynapar only does 4 wire comm) and out to the Dynapar. I have reconfigured every way possibe, revamped PLC receive section (I stripped it to 1 receive and 1 send command, to keep testing simple) and i saw the data going out with my oscilloscope. I do not, however, see anything coming back, on the scope or with TeraTerm on my PC. Has anyone successfully made a connection to one of these beasts?