Pause Zelio Smart Relay Timer

jad51

I want to be able to pause a zelio smart relay timer, so when the machine is running the timer times, then pauses when the machine is stopped then starts again when the machine starts. It is basically so I can send a signal to get the operator to grease the gears after the machine has been running for a set period of time. Did not think it would be that hard but have not see a way of doing it.

Try building 1 rung with a self resetting 1 second timer that switches off or on with an input from the machine start stop command. The 1 second is just an arbitrary value, use whatever time base you want or need. On the next rung use the timer done to increment a counter. Cascade as many counters as needed to get the required time period. Reset the counters with an acknowledge input after the machine has been greased. If you need actual ladder help, post what you have and we'll try to help.

Thanks that is awesome, but decided to go simpler and just count the pulses from the prox I am using to know if the machine is running and put it straight into a counter. It will probably be more accurate to as it will do it on a set number of pulses no matter what speed the machine is running, not like a timer ( which I try to avoid at all costs in PLC programming). Will have to check how many pulses it takes for about two hours, as some if the machines are around 80,000 for two hours. I hope this Zelio will be quick enough and have also check what is there maximum count other wise will have to use a cascading system like yours above. Thanks