ProTool v6, managing of passwords

Valera

How can I manage passwords in ProTool projects for PC? I have read help, and there was about passwords lists. Maybe I must create password lists with passwords of leve 1-8 and then import this list while RunTime is launched?
What is format of sign of password list? Is separated with comma, dot etc?

This is how we use the password list on our projects.

Add the "Password List" tool to one of your screens. There really is not much to configure.

Select "System" from the menu bar. From this drop down menu, select "Settings". One section allows you to set the OP Password. Enter your Supervisor password here. The default password is 100. This password will have the highest clearance level (Level 9).

Download the project to your operator interface. Go to your password screen and add user names, passwords, and set levels. You'll be prompted for the Supervisor password to make these settings. We avoid setting a level 9 password because doing so will display the Supervisor password.

You can now set the password level required to call up screens or enable screen tools by setting the password level on the "Enable" tab of each tool's properties page.

You can also export and import your passwords to a file. We use the "Export_Import_Passwords" screen function to save the password list to a file when the operator leaves the password list screen. We send ours to a file on the Compact Flash disk. You can select any password file name. When we commission a new machine, we will put a copy of the password file on the new machine. Then we do not have to reenter all the passwords. In order for this to work, we use the "Export_Import_Passwords" function to import the password list from the file when the operator enters or selects the password list screen.

I have looked at the password file, but it is encoded. So, I do not know what kind of formating to use on this file. But then, after creating the first list, I have never needed to edit this file.

You can use the screen function "Logoff_User" to reset the password so there is no clearance. Look at the other password functions, they are rather useful.

I am using ProToo/Pro v6 and applied these steps to the TP270 (6" and 10" models).

I hope this helps.

Hello Imi'ike,

I'm working on a TP170B and have no additional flash disk.
I would like to send it to the PLC, but don't know how.

Should I send it with "Export_import_passwords" or use the "Write_password_to_tag" (what format?)

I hope you can help me on this.

Erik

The "Export_Import_Passwords" function will just write all the passwords to a file. The file could be in the HMI, on a storage card, or some other such media. To my understanding, this file cannot be written to the PLC. So this is not what you want.

The "Write_Password_To_Tag" function writes the password of the currently logged on used to the tag. The tag is of type string. You will have to make the string of sufficient length for your requirements. This function works with a TP270 6" and a S7-314C-2DP. The help says this function is not available for the TP 170A. I do not know about the TP 170B.

Do you really need the password in the PLC or can use just use the password level on the HMI? The properties of the tools lets you permit or deny access to them. Look on the "Enable" tab at the password level selection. Or you can use invisible buttons to selectively block access.

Thank you,

At first I was thinking that I have to send it to the PLC to save it, but as I found out, by reading your comments, it's really easy:
the panel does all of this.

Erik