Generic Ethernet Module communication status

Lovell

Hello All,

I have an 1756-L72 ControlLogix Processor (V20) with an 1756-EN2T Ethernet card. I have added a Generic Ethernet Module to talk to a device over EtherNet/IP. I am communicating with it fine. I need to detect if the I/O connection is healthy. If the unit looses power, I see the yellow triangle with exclamation mark on the Generic Ethernet Module I added in the I/O Configuration tree in the controller organizer. I also see the status of the module go from running to communication timeout. The message of which I/O is missing also scrolls across the message display on the processor. All these things are great but I need a bit i can monitor that I can use to set an alarm to the operator. Is there a way to get the connection faulted status of a Generic Ethernet Module into the PLC register?

Thanks,

Lovell

Use a GSV instruction to query the module itself within your project:

GSV Module "ModuleName" EntryStatus "Some_INT_Tag"

If the resulting code is anything other than 0x4000, you'll need to consider action. Check the Logix Designer help.

Trying this now:

voc0tv.png

That logic can be simplified by eliminating the BTD instruction and changing the NEQ and EQU instructions' A operand to 'Module_Status' itself and the B operand to 16#4000, but the result is largely the same.

You're welcome. :)