Logix 5000 crash

Frosty

Hi all,

Have an issue at the moment. Currently setting up Kinetix 350 (V31-PR0-LM V 1.047) over Ethernet EN2T (V5.028)
When I go to the Tab to associate an axis - Logix (V20.01) L61 crashes every time I try to apply. I have tried setting up the axis prior to adding and creating new axis in the tab - same result each time. I've tried re-booting the PC - no joy. I did open another project with L36ERM and works fine. Is it a L61 issue or EN2T issue?

This has never happened before and I have set up plenty of them before, have not updated any software since the last time I set one up. I haven't contacted Rockwell yet, just thought I'd try here first.

Any thoughts?

Most likely is an L61 issue; it is running on "Maxed Out" firmware.
I'd replace the L61 with an L71 if trying to run Kinetix CIP EtherNet/IP integrated motion; what is the CPU firmware level?
According to http://netstorage.rockwellautomatio...n=1361887729_88c98d8f292e43932640820c6e2f974d
the L61 processor has to carry Rev 20.12 firmware.
The 1756-EN2T module carrying 5.028 firmware could be an issue depending of the signed/un-signed type of firmware package.
Refer to the previously posted link.
I'd try "downgrading" the 1756-EN2T to Rev. 5.008 (if allowed!) and give it another try; it might just do it instead of replacing the CPU.

Last edited: