Control logix 5000 servo control

solojayda3rd

Hello all,
Quick question. We have several machines that use Control logix 5000 and kinetix servo controllers, and when I look at the programs there's a lot I don't quite follow. I've been searching the web for some resources, i'm wondering if anyone knows of a book or site where I can educate myself on this particular subject.

Thanks -Avenn

Hi

The great think about logix 5000 up to stiudo 5000 is it does not make a difference what drive you have used
Sercos, Ethernet or even the old analouge 2 channel card the instructions are the same.
Now if you have 300 drive then they Are different.
I have learnt from pressing f1 key and reading the help.
I most say the most learning is actually setting them up and trying different things.
If you post some of your code here someone will always help.
I have been working with ab motion from when it was version 6 and I still use some of the instructions now in her 26 as they may have added some new items in them but they still do the same motion and maybe a little more

Remember motion in logix is edge triggered so when you trigger the instruction it will try to carry that out even if the logic on the rung goes false

Donnchadh