Help with Micrologix 1200 and Panelview 800

oncewaslost

I do not use AB products much and need some help getting a few things to work using a Micrologix 1200 and a 4" Panelview 800. The software that I am using is Rslogix 500 and CCW.

From one screen, I want to be able to enter several text strings of up to 16 characters each and store them in the PLC. I will use the strings for labeling in other screens.

I have placed a "string entry" on the screen and set the write tag as tag2 and alphanumeric field as 16. Tag2 is defined as a string and addressed as ST9:0 Within the PLC I have a line that copies ST9:0 to ST10:0 for a length of 1. When I write this to the screen I end up with that string entry stretched clear across the width of the screen and touching it does not launch the keypad for entry.

I have other things such as numerical inputs and touch keys toggling bits that all work as expected.

One other thing, How do I set up screen switching from the PLC?

Thanks!

This is a known issue with String Objects used in CCW 8.0...

- Patch: PV800- String entry object issue, Connected Components Workbench 8.00.00
Access Level: Everyone

After you have installed the patch I would advise you to delete any screens that used the String Objects and then recreate them from scratch. Simply deleting the String Objects does not resolve the issue, even after the patch. The issue is within the screen.

If you have a lot of graphics setup on a screen, that you don't want to have to recreate, then you can copy or cut them out to a temporary "scratch" screen and then paste them back into the newly created screen, except for the String Objects. Recreate them from new.

Regards,
George

This is a known issue with String Objects used in CCW 8.0...

- Patch: PV800- String entry object issue, Connected Components Workbench 8.00.00
Access Level: Everyone

After you have installed the patch I would advise you to delete any screens that used the String Objects and then recreate them from scratch. Simply deleting the String Objects does not resolve the issue, even after the patch. The issue is within the screen.

If you have a lot of graphics setup on a screen, that you don't want to have to recreate, then you can copy or cut them out to a temporary "scratch" screen and then paste them back into the newly created screen, except for the String Objects. Recreate them from new.

Regards,
George

Thanks Man!

I wasted a day on this. Would have been more if you hadn't given me a heads up.

Any hint on how to change screens from the PLC? On the Mitsubishi a data register is defined as a screen switch device and all I have to do is put the screen number in the data register to change to that screen.

Easy peasy...

Go to Tags > Global Connections

You should see a System Tag - "Control Screen Number"

It has a "Source Tag" and a "Destination Tag" field to the left and right.

Both of these can be assigned an external controller tag address.

The Source Tag allows you to assign an external controller tag address which will write to the System Tag "Control Screen Number". Whatever value the Source Tag changes to it will change to that screen number.

The Destination Tag allows you to assign an external controller tag to write the current "Control Screen Number" to the controller. This is useful if you want to monitor the HMI's current screen number in the program before and after it makes a screen change.

You can create external controller tags on the External tab in the Tag Editor and then assign them to the Source and Destination fields on the Global Connections tab.

See attached example...

Regards,
George

CCW - Control_Screen_Number.png

Hello guys I am having a hard time connecting to Micrologix 1200. I am using CCW for PanelView 800. i ahve tried everything from Comm Settings and tags . please help . Im a newbie to AB PLCs.