GE Cable question via PM:

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Software ?
Hi Russ,

I am trying to make a new USB cable and not having much luck... seams like a easy cable and have had a few request for it, I found this link below and I thought maybe the software would help me but the link is not working, do you know if its still available ?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpos...7&postcount=25

The cable is a IC693CBL316 (USB style) I think I have the cable built correct as you and Steve helped me in the past with a customer (link below) but I think know maybe its me and the lack of knowing how the software works... so I was thinking analyzer software would help

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=53589

Thanks

PACsAnalyzer Software Utility

The new link for PACsAnalyzer is here: https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/en_US/Article/PacsAnalyzer-Tool

Information in the second link is still relevant and correct. However the IC693CBL316 is not a USB cable it's RS-232 RJ-11 connector on one end and 9-pin D shell on the other. If this works with a Serial to USB adapter will likely depend on the adapter and its drivers.

Last edited:
OK back to this project.... and the PM to Russ was from me

I now have an original GE IC693CBL316 and connected to my serial port, the good news it was not me :) (well kind of) I only have a few different CPU's... I only have a IC693CPU374, IC693CPU364 and IC693CPU372, I would of thought one of the "station managers" or RS232 ports would of worked?

My customer listed IC693CPU351, IC693CPU352, and IC693CPU363 and the 2nd gen of the RX3i anyone know of any others? looks like I need to go shopping and looking for the cheapest option... even a used CPU351 is going to run 500

So has anyone used one on something other than whats listed?

Those three 90-30 CPUs were the only ones with an RJ11 serial port. The VersaMax Micro units use an 8-pin (RJ45) serial port instead of the 6-pin RJ11.

The station manager ports on the 90-30 Ethernet CPUs can't be used for uploading/downloading ladder logic programs or for HMI communications. The CBL316 is the correct cable for accessing the station manager. The manual is GFK-1186. The station manager is embedded in the Ethernet daughterboard firmware. You can use any terminal emulator like Hyperterm to access it.

Thanks Steve

Looking at the manual I think the IC693CMM321 should work also?

The funny part was... late night and I plugged in my test cable to the Ethernet port on the CPU and got a response using the PACsAnalyzer software :unsure: