Up-gradation of Quantum CPU-671-60

zahid0011

Dear All,

I have Quantum CPU-671-60 with Remote I/Os. Its application is build in Unity Pro Ver-4.0 and current firmware for CPU is 2.60. Now I want to upgrade the Quantum PLC Application on new version of Unity Pro Ver-11.0.

The PLC Application Up-gradation process is simple, but I am nor sure about the FIRMWARE up-gradation.

Please confirm Do I need to upgrade the PLC Firmware also before downloading the up-graded PLC application.?

Regards,

Yes you do. You will need the correct firmware image from Schneider. The process is simple but does take a while. Do you have a spare processor? When we did our plant we upgraded one of our spares first, tested program on the bench and then swapped for the live processor. Then repeated firmware upgrade on that

Thanks for replying.

No, I don't have any spare Processor. I will have to attempt on directly live controllers.

Please confirm the followings:

1. What happen, if I try to download the up-graded PLC Application (via Unity Pro V-11.0) to Quantum without up-grading the Firmware.? Will it allow to download or not.?

2. After Controller Firmware up-gradation, should I need to upgrade the firmware of CRP and CRA Modules.?

3. After firmware up-gradation of Controller, can we Restore Quantum Controller back to old Firmware.?

4. As you told that you have already done the firmware up-gradation, can you share any supporting document of the procedure of up-gradation for the Hot Standby System (CPU-671-60).?

the unity version and OS compatibility rules (open contents of the help file, 4th entry) only say that a higher OS version is only required for applications *generated* with higher unity pro versions.

I am uploading programs generated with unity 4.0 out of Quantum processors with OS version 2.6 using unity 8.1 and then downloading them back in to the processor and the table indicates the Quantum should have OS version 3.2.

So as long as you have an existing PLC program, I think you can use any version of unity that is newer than the version that generated it, and I don't think you need to update the firmware. See the table online modification in the compatibility page.

Mind you I am looking at the help file for Unity 8.1 not 11 but I doubt they've broken the compatibility rules in the last 2 years.

1. As Von Hydro said you may be able to (I have not tried this method) do upload and download of compiled program but as soon as you need to do a Build All you might get into trouble. I have not tried it myself.

2. You can but don't need to.

3. Yes same process provided you have a firmware image for 2.6.

4. I have only done single processors not HSBY. I would contact Schneider technical support

Thanks VON and SAFFA for your suggestions.

How can I find the Correct FIRMWARE (version) compatible with my HSBY CPUs.?
What parameters we should check before selecting the appropriate firmware.?