PlantPAx How-to

rootcon

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I am using PlantPAx for the first time. I have programmed extensively in Ladder Logic but never to the extent I required to in my new job (I have worked on or modified as well as created some programs for the last 6 years). I was curious how "you" implement Program vs Operator control. Do you switch between them or just bypass this feature. The people I currently work with are all "islands" so I figured I would reach out to this community for your use cases or opinions. Thanks.

It really depends on what your are doing with it, for the most part you can ignore it as it wont effect operation and as with everything check the documentation especially for third party blocks as there is no real standardization. The only time I have done it is if I have a program that need to assume control of an object say a valve for a n automated sequence then I would toggle to program, perform operations, and toggle back.

And as for co-workers being "islands" that sucks, I'll never get why people don't want to share knowledge, if it's for job security if you are good enough and what you do it shouldn't matter and is a bonus to the overall company if you help people out.

Last edited: