Siemens mp277 touch screen

bruno64121

Hello,

I am facing some issue on my siemens control panel on which the screen is all black.

This control panel (mp 277 10" - 1P6AV6 643-0CD01-1AX0) is connected to my plc CPU 319-3 PN/DP, with MPI connection.

There is no alarm on my plc "sf led ..." and the power is on (24VDC) on control panel its self...

Do you have any idea about this problem ?

What i can check or do ?

Thanking you for any helps.

Bruno

Caused by display backlight failure

Hi,

It's probably caused by que failure of the display backlight. Usualyy if you put a flashlight against the screen you could see that the screen is really working but you can't see it due to the failure of the backlight. It's a frequent failure of the MP277.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

Sounds like you need to replace the MP277, since "the screen is all black". The following two solutions require you to have a copy of your WinCC flexible project for the MP 277:

Short-term solution:

Get a replacement MP277 from Siemens, or buy a refurbished model from somewhere, and download your WinCC flexible project to it.

Longer-term solution:

The replacement for the MP277 10" in today's model is the following Comfort Panel:

6AV2124-0MC01-0AX0 SIMATIC HMI TP1200 COMFORT, COMFORT PANEL, TOUCH OPERATION, 12" WIDESCREEN-TFT-DISPLAY

Unfortunately, the screen dimensions and overall dimensions are different, and it requires WinCC Comfort software (current version is V14) in the TIA Portal platform. You must have a backup copy of the WinCC flexible project in order to convert.

See the following guide:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/49752044/simatic-hmi-hmi-devices-comfort-panels-migration-guide?dti=0&lc=en-WW

A spare MP277 TOUCH will be _very_ expensive.
Alternatively the defective one could be repaied. If it is the backlighting that has failed it should definitely be possible to repair. Not cheap to do but possible less expensive than a new spare.

Less expensive and the best long-term solution will be to migrate to a newer panel, such as sigmadelta suggest.

A sidenote:
This control panel (mp 277 10" - 1P6AV6 643-0CD01-1AX0) is connected to my plc CPU 319-3 PN/DP, with MPI connection.
It is just painful to see ethernet-capable PLC and panel connected via MPI. Yuck !

To add to this, what I have done as a buffer during the time of repair, is to take a computer and install WinCC flexible Advanced with Runtime (14-day trial without a license), and have the Runtime on the PC behave as an MP277. For an MPI connection, the PC Adapter USB can be used (for MPI or Profibus up to 1.5Mbps), or Ethernet.