Bar code reader & 1746-BAS

PSpal

We are using Sick CLX series bar code reader with AB 1746-BAS module in a outdated system . The processor is SLC 5/04.We want to revamp the system with 5/05 ( or control logix) PLC. but confused about what to use for BCR. Can we use ethernet based BCR without BAS module?Or it is better to use 5/05 with BAS module with serial communication. I understand the programming software for BAS module is PBASE, which is long time obsolute, what is new window version of same or simply use hyperterminal?

Similar Topics

I am trying to connect the bar-code reader intermec sr61 with the micrologix 1100 but, the channel 0 indication is not blinking where the bar-code...
Replies
Views
I have a Keyence SR-710 Bar Code Reader and a Keyence N-UB Communication unit. It will read the bar code and turn on the success output every...
Replies
Views
I have had an interesting request from a customer. I have sold them a graphite based system and he was wondering if we can use a bar code reader...
Replies
Views
Can anyone give me a sample program to use with control logix to use this bar code reader to take readings when requested
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having some problems to connect to a OLM100-1005 (positional bar code reader and RS-485 ASCII-protocol) from sick with a micrologix 1400...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom