Prolinx 5210-DFNT-DNPM

pdsdownunder

Hi All,

I’ve sort of been thrown in the deep in of a commissioning project and one of the areas I have no experience in is a Prolinx 5201-DFNT-DNPM module that needs to be configured to act as gateway between a Compact Logix L33R PLC and a Schneider SEL 311L 6 Relay protection unit.
The protocol of communication is DNP3 which is something else I’ve never worked with!!!

I’ll be mapping information over in the PLC from the SEL 311 unit to registers that the SCADA can read from.

Is there anyone out there who’s used the Prolinx 5201-DFNT-DNPM unit with a Compact Logix PLC and has an example file with PLC setup code as well as the Configuration builder file that’s required to act as a gateway.

Or…is there anyone else who has any file setup that was used in a Prolinx 5201 DNP3 unit that I can maybe use to decipher how the unit should be setup??

And….is there a SEL 311L expert online that may have some guidance advice as to what’s required in setting up a protection unit to talk DNP3 and how to make its status information available to a Prolinx gateway??

Thanks in advance