Bit Set in GX Works2

Raj_plctk

Hi,
Is there any instruction to set a particular bit of an register without altering already set bits of the same register

Regards

Rajesh

Hi,
Thanks for reply, the below example is hard coded. What I want is the particular bit which needs to be set is through program which is changing based on condition.

Regards

Rajesh

Hi,
Thanks for reply, the below example is hard coded. What I want is the particular bit which needs to be set is through program which is changing based on condition.

Regards

Rajesh

I don't think so, I'd suggest you to use rotate right or left instructions to get bit you want to certain place, set it like other guy said it can be done with fixed set bit address.
Then you just re-rotate back into place and you have set the right bit and returned it to right position.

YOu need extra register which will tell rotate instruction how many places to rotate.