ML1500 Power Light

T Gibbs

Last week I went to check a PLC that had a fault light on. When I arrived there was a fault light and a power light on. I tried to connect to it with no luck. I told the customer he had a bad PLC, so he ordered another one already programmed from the machine manufacturer. This afternoon I went to change it out for him. When I was done, the new one acted the same as the old one. I started checking and found that I had no 120v power to it. That was what puzzled me. Why did I have a power light with no 120 power? The only thing I can figure is that it was getting it through the analog from the VFD.
Anybody seen this before? It really threw me off seeing a power light when I had no power

Similar Topics

Hi all, PLC : Micrologix 1500 lrp HMI : Renu FP3070 TN I am a beginner in the plc world. I am trying to connect the renu hmi with ML1500 lrp in...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, Hope everyone is doing well. I am a beginner at working in analog signals with PLC Analog module: 1769-IF4 ( 4 analog inputs ) PLC...
Replies
Views
I have a Allen Bradely 1500 that has a cracked board. It still works but needs replaced (battery is no longer connected). To make migration easier...
Replies
Views
I inherited a system with the Micrologix 1500 talking to 8 VFDs using Modbus RTU protocol. One of the VFDs was replaced with a Toshiba VF AS1...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have the PLX setup and configured. Its seen and downloaded to. However my ML1500 does not communicate over it. The port (0) is used...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom