Drove by here twice today

The clock tower is nicknamed the "Polish Moon" because it shines so brightly over what was a heavily eastern-European immigrant community.

I've been to the top of the tower - some of that maintenance money ended up there. The minions that do the counting are sequestered in the basement.

This is claimed to be the largest four face clock in the world. Bigger than the one on the House of Parliament in London. As far as I know the A-B clock isn't seen in any movies, though.

I had to think about that for a second before I realized what it was.

The street number of that building once had a secret significance to one of their products about 15 years ago. Although the product is an old one, and many people do know about it, I won't go into specifics because it can still be considered a security issue.

It was the largest four-faced clock in the world for almost fifty years- inaugurated on Halloween night 1962.

Since 2010 there is a larger one in Saudi Arabia, however, the 'Polish-Moon' still stands as the largest of the western hemisphere...:p.

AB is planning to re-capture the 'world's largest' title though...Watch for the TechConnect contracts pricing closely...:D

Plans by architect Scott Fitzhugh and they include several towers, only one of which was to contain the clock. However, this plan has been reduced and only a small tower was preserved and the existing building has been modified to include an external thermometer using large digital display

Wondered what the second one was. Thank you Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Yep...It was the original clock up until 1962...

They're both used as navigation aids when approaching the Milwaukee harbor...

Allen-Bradley.jpg

For those of us who don't know what the photo is, here's a Wiki for:
Rockwell Automation Headquarters and Allen-Bradley Clock Tower
I didn't know, so I Google'd "Polish Moon".

Here's where they're counting money from me:
AutomationDirect-campus-2017.jpg

About Automation Direct

Last edited:
I wonder which came first, the clock face or the PB pattern.
The "octagon" logo design predates the clock tower by about 40 years. It was first used in 1920s but the octagon pattern was impressed into the first push button they ever made, some time in the 30s I believe, still before the clock tower.

Most of the money used to build the clock tower was the result of A-B making components for radios and walkie-talkies during WWII by the way. That entire facility is mostly just offices now, production lines disappeared long ago.