Cheap/Easy 2In, 2Out Remote I/O with Logix 5000?

Sparkyman1

I'm looking for a small PLC or remote I/O to manage 2 inputs and 2 outputs and report back to a Compactlogix L33E via Ethernet, and I would really prefer to use logix 5000 rather than CCW.

I'm curious to see what you guys think of, as far as I know I cant find any way to filter Rockwell stuff by price...

For AB:

1734-AENT 1-Port EtherNet I/O Adapter Module $557.94 List

1734-IB2 24V Dc 2 Channel Sink Input Module $60.89 List

1734-OB2 24V Dc 2 Channel Source Output Module $65.18

You'll probably get a markdown from you local rep.

For AB pricing download and install ProposalWorks at: http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/configuration.page?

Disable the annoying Auto-Update 'feature' and run the update manually several times a year for current list prices.

For AB:

For AB pricing download and install ProposalWorks at: http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/configuration.page?

Disable the annoying Auto-Update 'feature' and run the update manually several times a year for current list prices.

I have proposal works, but sometimes cost is the biggest factor in a project, is there a way that you can factor that in when searching through proposal works?

There isn't an available cost 'filter'...Why would they provide one?...Price shopping ?...:D
The AB/RA listed products are grouped by type and functionality, however, after defining what you are looking for in the items applet, once given a count and 'Accepted' into the Proposal form they show the List prices; a bit more laborious than in a 'store' indeed...

And it is possible to get a file for Proposal Works from your supplier to allow it to show you YOUR prices including any discounts you may get. The pricing for Rockwell stuff can be very complicated for different lines so there is a database that can be generated if your supplier has the know-how to get that for you.

I'd use RA if possible, but if a few hundred dollars make a difference, check out Advantech . Their ADAM I/O for EtherNet/IP is just over $200 for 8in/7out.

For AB:

You forgot the 1734-TOP or equivalent. 18.97 a piece, would need two for this setup. I've forgotten to order these building in Proposal Works plenty of times, always a good idea to build in Integrated Architecture (or Architect in Studio 5000 if installed, but not familiar with this yet).

How far away is this remote I/O? And are you planning to run power to it from your existing panel, or power it separately? I'm just curious what the end result you're shooting for is. Like, I got 2 ins, 2 outs, and over ethernet. My initial thought is that it's so little I/O is it worth doing a panel or would it be better to run the 7 wires you'd need to do the same thing (assuming there's spare I/O at the main panel).

You forgot the 1734-TOP or equivalent. 18.97 a piece, would need two for this setup. I've forgotten to order these building in Proposal Works plenty of times, always a good idea to build in Integrated Architecture (or Architect in Studio 5000 if installed, but not familiar with this yet).

How far away is this remote I/O? And are you planning to run power to it from your existing panel, or power it separately? I'm just curious what the end result you're shooting for is. Like, I got 2 ins, 2 outs, and over ethernet. My initial thought is that it's so little I/O is it worth doing a panel or would it be better to run the 7 wires you'd need to do the same thing (assuming there's spare I/O at the main panel).

It's something worth thinking about doing, the reason that wa want to do Ethernet is because I'm the guy that has to pipe it in IMC cause it's 120V

Also might

What about the new ArmorBlock IO line or baluff that is IP67 rated, then you don't need a panel, just make sure people don't step on the blocks.