Hi Guys
Trying to connect Plc5/40e to communicate with a
Slc 5/04. In my PC I have a AB KT-1 Data Highway Card. I
have a data highway cable connected from the KT Card on my PC
to channel A on the Plc5/40E. From channel B on my Plc5/40E
I have a data highway cable going to the Slc 5/04. How do I
configure these two plcs to communicate? My final goal will
be to send a message from one to the other. I'm just having
trouble getting them to communicate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Vince

You can use messaging instruction for PLC5 and SLC to share data. Add a "MSG" instruction and double click the "Setup" button inside the instruction and configure the details inside. There are selection such as "PLC5 Read, SLC500 Write" etc. Try it out yourself, if encounter troubles, please post again.

Trust me, by trying it out yourself you learn to use it, or else you will just apply it and subsequently forget it.

Best Regards