Odd powerflex 525 issue!

Cajmccormick

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue before..

I am working with a 525 over Ethernet and am having issues with the drive not stopping when it should be stopping. A little background: the drive is being used to turn on a screw auger to deliver product up to a feed conveyor. There is a laser sensor on the top of the conveyor to tell the auger when we need to send more product up. What is happening is when the product comes up, it is piling up and the sensor should be telling the drive to tell to auger not to send more but sometimes (and i say sometimes because its not frequent) it doesn't stop sending product. I looked over the programming and sent it to rockwell as well as the vendor and they verified programming wasn't the issue. the drive is staying on when it doesnt have a fwd or rev but to tell it to go. I have yet to try to add a debounce timer in front of the stop/start logic (waiting for down time), but i have discussed with a few people and the consensus seems to be the drive is getting too many stop/starts in a short period of time.

Any thoughts?