CarWash Ladder Logic

Very Carefully!

Follow these steps:

1). Leave keyboard and monitor connected to computer
2). Make sure computer has proper software for programming plc
3). Connect proper cable between computer serial port and plc programming port, adapters may be needed
4). Read the "Learn PLC's" Tutorial
5). Search previous threads for additional information
6). Take two I/O and post next question in the morning

regards.....casey

BTW Next time, please post a new thread for a question. This one is not related AND two years old!

let me know where this car wash is going to be sited, just so I can make sure I don't use it, I'm quite fond of all the bits attached to the bodywork of my car & it's still in one piece with very few dents?

hahaha! maybe i need to sleep more, but this is awesome. someone drags up a thread from several years ago and posts the coolest (completely unrelated) question i've ever heard about a PLC...

I started learning plc's doing carwash installations I'm assuming you are working with a tunnel car wash with the chain convayor. Is what we used to do is put a counter on the chain let's say each count = 6 in., you start counting when a photo eye is made at the beginning of the tunnel by the count you turn every thing on and off. genrally the chain convayor runs all the time but the attendant can start/stop it make sure you photo eye sets diagnally to the reflector you can pick up false readins threw the bed of a pick-up ( the crack beetween the cab and bed) Good luck !!!

Two years in the making?? This is gonna be SOME car wash!

Is it going to have extra sensors that detect whether you've pushed your aerial down and folded your wing-mirrors in to stop them snapping off as the big rollers go over yer car??

Can't wait to see pictures of the final product.

"Yes sir, you're car is smashed to bits... but look how clean it is!"

:)

When I worked at Trojan Nuclear Plant I would make trips to town to get parts - part was to run the complany trucks thru the carwash.

This one was on rails and was not in a building. I guess it was manual because I turn around and the windshield is now folded in half laying on the dash. Apparently the kid forgot to raise the brush.
They did not want to pay for the windshield. I refused to move the truck. They thought this was kind of funny until a couple customers saw this and left. They wanted the truck removed. I wanted the windshield repaired. They got mad. I got mad. I did not move the truck. They call me boss. He comes over. I move truck. They argue. Finally they agree to fix windshield. They wanted me to drive the truck to a shop (with no windshield)
we refused "you broke it you get a wrecker" They did.

Dan Bentler

Important note: This is an O-L-D thread! I'm just borrowing it since I found a 'car wash' related video... :cool:

Click HERE for the video. Just over 2Mb; .WMV file (Windows Media Player should work). About a minute and a half long.

I'm thinking this may be one of our students getting out of the car to take some notes. Too bad he picked the WRONG time to open the door... :rolleyes:

🍻

-Eric

Wow!! I cannot believe he got out of the car!! Sheesh!

Its good to see that the safety systems in place at the car wash would have prevented any serious accident :whistle:

Good find!

I realize that this is a rediculously old thread, but I am an automated systems engineer at a carwash and I have never laughed so hard in my life. I thought it was humorous that this gentlemen thought you could write a "simple" carwash program. Our "simple" carwash program runs on a SLC 5/05 with more than 800 points of I/O.

LOL.

Its nice to see someone actually using the search feature to to look for answers, even if it means dragging up a couple of oldies.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

I have 4 automated car washes. The have 5 inputs and 5 outputs. However the 5th output (audiable) is more of a nusuance then a help. Reguardless of the frequency of use they all require constant year-round high maintenance.... Additionally proper operation usually requires frequent operator intervention.

mcw999 said:
I realize that this is a rediculously old thread, but I am an automated systems engineer at a carwash and I have never laughed so hard in my life. I thought it was humorous that this gentlemen thought you could write a "simple" carwash program. Our "simple" carwash program runs on a SLC 5/05 with more than 800 points of I/O.

WOW, what kind of a car wash needs a "Systems Engineer". 800 points?

mcw999 said:

When I saw my first carwash panel back in '72, it was 8 foot square with more relays and contactors then I could count. The schematics were awesum! At the time, most of our panels were for Caterpillar Generator AutoStart panels for hospitals, 4 lights, seven relays, two switches, and a timer.

Carwash panels were the coolest!

What kind of logic do you write in to get it to eat your quarters every "X" washes?