PV 1000 to slc504 ascii to integer

rstead

Trying to write an Ascii Input from a PV 1000 to a slc504 Integer file. What is the trick to this? The PV gave me an error Unable to write error 208 I believe. No one at rockwell had an answer just to redo it as a ST file. All docs I find say you can write an ascii input (character aray) to an INteger file but obviously I have done something wrong?

I do a simular ascii to decimal. I read a bar code scanner that is ascii based. I read from the PLC via an ARL statement and put the string into an ST file.

ARL
ASCII Read Line
Channel 0
Dest ST:62:0
Control R66:0
String Length 24
Characters Read 1
Error 00h

Anyway you get the idea. You can read the ascii from the PV then once it's in the ST file you can manipulate it any way you want to. Move it, add it, compute it. ECT, ECT.

Should be able to do it - I can read from a N table

Data type : Character Array
Tag Address Nx:yy
Array Size: number of characters

Notes
1) The Last table address Must be Nx:yy + array size/2
2) The Byte order in the PLC may require manipulation

Last edited: