InTouch Security and NAD's

LogicON

I have 4 PC's with the same InTouch application running using NAD. The users are required to change there password every 90 days. It is not possible to change the password on NAD application, so I disabled one PC from being NAD. This allows the password to be changed but does not notify the other 3 nodes.
Is there a way of changing the security password and configuration and sending it to all other nodes without having to reboot the other nodes.

When you configure a NAD node, there are options for how you want to load changes into WindowViewer. One of them is "Load without notification" or something to that effect.

I think it would be possible, but it might be a bit more work than you anticipated. There are several things to remember about NAD and passwords.

As you probably already know, the passwords reside in the password.bin file in the application directory. For NAD, this will be at least 2 places; the master application directory and the local working directory on the remote node(s). When a user changes their password on a remote node, it will only change it in the password.bin file on that node, which then gets overwritten the next time you load the application. One way around this is to use scripting in the app that copies the password.bin file from the node where the user modified it to the master application directory. This would be the first part of the solution.

The second part of the solution would be to propagate the password.bin file from the master application directory to the other remote nodes. This could probably be done by a simple batch file that runs periodically. You can simply copy and overwrite the file on all the nodes. The drawback to this is that if the designated directory on the remote nodes ever changes for some reason, you would need to update whatever automated solution you have in place.

Hope this gives you some direction.

This sounds like the answer that I am looking for.
Just one question.
Does Password.bin also contain the usernames and access levels?