ladder logic

hammerl70

Hello,
I am new to this site, but I am interested in learning about plc,s. I must design a ladder logic program to perform the following function:
Press circuit: using 4/3 tandem centre double solenoid hydraulic directional control valve, double acting hydraulic cylinder with magnetic sensing both ends, hydraulic power supply
Sliding Jig circuit: 5/2 single solenoid pneumatic directional control valve, double acting pneumatic cylinder with magnetic sensing both ends, pneumatic power source
Ejector circuit: 5/2 single solenoid pneumatic directional control valve, double acting pneumatic cylinder with magnetic sensing both ends, pneumatic power source
Inductive proximity switch detects the part to be punched,
Machine operation - part is automatically fed into punch press, part needs to be punched at both ends, part is loaded into press at one end, is sensed by inductive proximity switch, part is then punched at that end, jig containing part is then moved so that it can be punched at other end., punched at other end, ejected from the jig, machine moves jig to initial starting position, cycle restarts when new part is fed in jig,
design circuit, include flow chart and ladder logic and circuit diagram.
Can anyone help me out with this project?

reply to ladder logic

Hello , thank you for your reply,
I will be using allen bradley plc.
what I am looking for is the ladder logic diagram for the information I have posted, can u help me?

I have worked on punch presses before and if you are just about to learn PLCs and programming, I submit you learn from someone who already knows. Presses and some other lethal equipment are not the best place to hop in feet first without some guidance. Not to mention (okay, I will, the safety aspect), improper programming can shell out an expensive die set or damage the parent machine, Did I mention the safety aspect?

It really depends on how much you know about PLCs but the "Learn PLCs" button at the top of this site is a place to start. Also when you call someone in to work on your punch press, see if you can observe what the technician does and ask questions of him/her.

I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear.

I dont work with AB but the logic is similar in most PLCs.

You need to lay out your project in more complete terms. You must first lay out each step of your operation, and the sequence of events involved in each step, including the inputs and outputs involved. Use general terms for the I/O like “limit switch x” or “Motor x” or “solenoid X”. List these items and assign the PLC I/O to them like so.

Compressor A = 0002
Limit switch B = 0200
Etc..

From that you can create a Flow Chart to show how each step will fit into the overall operation, and how it will effect the next step.

You will write your code from the flowchart and the I/O assignments. Before anybody can help you with the code you need to create a good flow chart.

Mike

hammerl70 said:
Hello,
I am new to this site, but I am interested in learning about plc,s. I must design a ladder logic program to perform the following function:
Press circuit: using 4/3 tandem centre double solenoid hydraulic directional control valve, double acting hydraulic cylinder with magnetic sensing both ends, hydraulic power supply
Sliding Jig circuit: 5/2 single solenoid pneumatic directional control valve, double acting pneumatic cylinder with magnetic sensing both ends, pneumatic power source
Ejector circuit: 5/2 single solenoid pneumatic directional control valve, double acting pneumatic cylinder with magnetic sensing both ends, pneumatic power source
Inductive proximity switch detects the part to be punched,
Machine operation - part is automatically fed into punch press, part needs to be punched at both ends, part is loaded into press at one end, is sensed by inductive proximity switch, part is then punched at that end, jig containing part is then moved so that it can be punched at other end., punched at other end, ejected from the jig, machine moves jig to initial starting position, cycle restarts when new part is fed in jig,
design circuit, include flow chart and ladder logic and circuit diagram.
Can anyone help me out with this project?
hi i can make relay logic i want know about plc