PowerFlex 70 Drive

hamzkh

I have been asked to get as many parameters as possible out of powerflex 70 Drive and show it on HMI. Can I get some tips or help how to get most number of parameters?

Are you trying to get the parameters directly to the HMI or through a PLC?

You can get 8 parameters using Datalinks from the PF70 to the PLC, standard you will get the speed feedback, then you could use messaging to get any more parameters that you desire.

Alan

Create a message to read the parameter, you will need to read the manual to see how to set up your message instruction (what tag you need to read, some drives use the N registers)

Alan

So you have a 20-COMM-E in the PF70?

Yes. I have a 20-COMM-E in the PF70. I tried to search for it in the manual but it does not explain anything about the messaging method

Native tags when added to the IO

If the drive is connected using ethernet and has been added to the Controller Orgnizer tree then all the parameters are
listed as native tags. Add the drive as an object to the I/O Configuration section. Try it off line you will see what I mean. While the 400 plus configuration are not all there the entire status and setup parameters are. Once added make sure you SHOW ALL TAGS in the filter

Last edited:
This is my university project. the project requires to use Factory Talk View SE and RSLogix5000 to control and monitor many important parameters remotely.
and also create faceplates to be used for multiple instances of the monitoring and control of electric motors allowing a simple re-usable system

what do u reckon about this project Alan?