How to config a SEW Movitrac VFD to Ethernet switch

xding

I have a SEW Movitrac VFD, as pictured. But I am a beginner for this company's product.

Anyone know how can I connect the vfd to the Ethernet switch so I comms it with PLC/HMI?

The SEW Movitrac Model is: MC LTE B0004 101 1 40

It is a voltage doubler VFD, i.e., 1-phase system AC 115 V for 3-Phase 230V Motor.

Movitrac LTE B.jpg

Depends on what flavour of ethernet comms you're using, I believe the LTE can support Ethernet/IP and Modbus TCP by using the DFE33B card + UOH11B housing or ethercat via the DFE24B/UOH11B card.

Depending on your PLC there may be an example program @
http://www.sew-eurodrive.com.au/support/software_result.php?software2=.., they're a german company, so heavily weighted towards Siemens examples.

I would say have a read of the manuals on the website, then give the local agent a ring.

Thanks for the reply, I still have a question about that.

Please refer to the picture attached, I have 3 vfd (MC LTE B0004 101 1 40), if they are configured as in the picture. The question is : How can I separately control the VFD1, VFD2 and VFD3, because it looks to me only the gateway has the IP address, and the 3 VFD has no any IP to read/write from???

VFD connection.jpg

What I usually do is
Configure 24 words each way (IN/OUT) to the PLC between the Gateway.
Then each drive uses 3 words. SO YOU CAN USE THIS UP TO 8 DRIVES.
So
OUT IN
Word 0 Drive 1 Control Word Word 0 Drive 1 Status Word
Word 1 Drive 1 SPeed SP Word 1 Drive 1 Actual SPeed
Word 2 Drive 1 RAmp Word 2 Drive 1 Current

Word 3 Drive 2 Control Word Word 3 Drive 2 Status Word
Word 4 Drive 2 SPeed SP Word 4 Drive 2 Actual SPeed
Word 5 Drive 2 RAmp Word 5 Drive 2 Current

Word 6 Drive 3 Control Word Word 6 Drive 3 Status Word
Word 7 Drive 3 SPeed SP Word 7 Drive 3 Actual SPeed
Word 8 Drive 3 RAmp Word 8 Drive 3 Current

What I usually do is
Configure 24 words each way (IN/OUT) to the PLC between the Gateway.
Then each drive uses 3 words. SO YOU CAN USE THIS UP TO 8 DRIVES.
So
OUT IN
Word 0 Drive 1 Control Word Word 0 Drive 1 Status Word
Word 1 Drive 1 SPeed SP Word 1 Drive 1 Actual SPeed
Word 2 Drive 1 RAmp Word 2 Drive 1 Current

Word 3 Drive 2 Control Word Word 3 Drive 2 Status Word
Word 4 Drive 2 SPeed SP Word 4 Drive 2 Actual SPeed
Word 5 Drive 2 RAmp Word 5 Drive 2 Current

Word 6 Drive 3 Control Word Word 6 Drive 3 Status Word
Word 7 Drive 3 SPeed SP Word 7 Drive 3 Actual SPeed
Word 8 Drive 3 RAmp Word 8 Drive 3 Current

Thanks Ranjith ! :)

I also double checked the manual.

For the MC LTE B VFD, We can also set different address in parameter p-36, such as:

1. for a unique SBus address, make a setting to 1,2,3;
2. set the SBus band of gateway to "500k Baud";
3. define the timeout behavior of the drive when communication is interrupted (set to default).

It also works!

Thanks GGC!

The Siemens TIA example helps a lot!

Depends on what flavour of ethernet comms you're using, I believe the LTE can support Ethernet/IP and Modbus TCP by using the DFE33B card + UOH11B housing or ethercat via the DFE24B/UOH11B card.

Depending on your PLC there may be an example program @
http://www.sew-eurodrive.com.au/support/software_result.php?software2=.., they're a german company, so heavily weighted towards Siemens examples.

I would say have a read of the manuals on the website, then give the local agent a ring.