S5 6ES5941-7UA12 PLC with HMI(PC based or others)

Engrtalha

Dear Members,

I am new to S5 series PLC, In one of my application, I need to communicate S5 6ES5942-7UA12/ or S5 6ES5941-7UA12 PLC with HMI(PC based or others), Please suggest Hardware and Software for visualization (PC based or HMI) and essentials to build a connection.

Best Regards

Please suggest Hardware and Software for visualization (PC based or HMI) and essentials to build a connection.

I dont know about your HMI but for the PLC you will need a TTY cable and Step5 software, there are aftermarket versions that I like better then the Siemens (S5 for Windows) https://www.ibhsoftec.com/S57W-Eng

I would also suggest this is a great time to upgrade your system because they stopped making them about 20 years ago

Hi,
Thank you for your support.HMI would be PC based WinCC flexible RT. Originally the system was running on PLC station only but now the client asks to add HMI for visualization.

The converter I suggested can be used for programming with IBH-S5W, and it supports S7-protocols as Put/Get, which is much more common on modern HMI systems than the cheaper cable and AS511 protocol.

Kalle