Starting a New Siemens System

JiNCs

Hey folks.

I have a system I'm starting that will be much like a similar existing system. I will take the old program and make changes to it for the new system.

In trying to duplicate the existing 315-2 CPU system, some modules have been outdated/updated/changed. One of the these is a two module remote rack that used a 153-1 inteface module. In the new system it has been replaced with an IM 365 send/recieve module.
The CPU rack has a power supply and modules 4 through 11. I think its full except for slot 3.

I can delete the 153 from the system at the rail view. How do I add the 365 to the system? The send module is physically added to the end of the CPU rack after slot 11 and the recieve is physically added at the start of the remote rack. Is that allowed? I ask because I can only get the module to add in slot3 of the CPU rack. I cannot get it to hang off the rail on the hardware config view where the 153-1 was.

Need a little help here!!!! :confused:

Thanks
JiNCs

Yes, slot 3 is reserved for an IM send-recive module.

So if you want to insert it into an existing system, you will physically have to push the modules in slots 4-11 so that the IM can be fitted in after the CPU.

Re "I cannot get it to hang off the rail on the hardware config view where the 153-1 was", I guess that it looked as if it was attached to the end of the rail, but that was probably because the profibus network only looked as if it came out from the rail. The profibus network most certainly was attached to the X2 port on the 315-2DP CPU. Try to move the profibus network around in the old HW config, and you can see what I mean.

Thanks AGAIN JeesperMP.

I just figured that would be the case as I was able to add the 365 to slot 3 and insert a rail for that module. I also added what I think is the recieve module to the remote section by clicking the same module as I inserted in slot 3 of the CPU rack.

The default settings were on and the two input modules I added defaulted to I-addresses I didn't want. I defeated the defaults and changed the I address to what the old system was.

I will physically move the 365 module as you mention and reposition all the others.

I am working offline and have a question. I can only save the hardware config. Should I be able to Save and Compile?

n.