RS Logix 5000 instruction

stantana

I was wondering if anyone familiar with thelearningpit.com internet site would know if there was anything comparable for learning RS Logix 5000?
I'm doubtful that there is, of course. The learningpit is such a great place for an introduction to RS Logix 500, that it would be too lucky to find the same for 5000.
But I would appreciate any leads for instruction that wasn't prohibitively expensive.
Thanks, Don

Don,

I am not aware of any RSLogix5000 training equivalent to what you are asking for. Suggestions:

1. If you have your head around the SLC500 intruction set, the ControLogix one is very similar. The big difference is how the data is addressed and organised.

2. FInd someone with an RSLogix5000 install and ask for the Tutorial that comes on the CD.

3. Get along to an AB distributor and ask for the Rockwell Software dude...he/she may have resources, eg in Powerpoint that may be relevant. Just let them know upfront what your position is and the chances are they will be pleased to help.

problem with RS LOGIX5000

I have an AB FLEXLOGIX5434 CPU and it is connected with local 2 flexbus my problem is : when i connect the local 2 the communiction stop . i changed the flexbus and i checked the cable , same result .

but when i dissconnect the local 2 i get connection!!!

pls. advice..

thanks

The way to ask questions is not to ressurect a 4-year-old thread that is barely related and then spew a tiny handful of details.

Open another thread, state your problem, and include a lot more details about your controller, the problem history, and the I/O modules on the FlexBus.

You sound like you're in a hurry; probably a phone call to Tech Support will be faster than using a casual Internet user forum.

Your best bet is to go to AB and take the coarses. I started working on Logix 5000 in Nov. of last year. You can program the same way you do in 500, but whats the point. There are alot of neat little tricks that make 5000 much better. Motion commands are Awsome!

My old AB contact got me demo versions of the entire suite (5000, emulate, RSView) for 90 days. This allowed me to learn the software so I could proof of concept the project. Granted if this worked we were purchasing the software suite plus 16 drives, spares, etc. I was impressed with the support for my project and the AB rep helped me with the install and the very basics.