Read S7-200 Memory Cartridge

zgendron

Hi All,

I've got an S7-200 PLC up and running with a battery module installed. I also have a copy of the PLC program (i believe) on a 64K Memory Cartridge. I want to confirm the contents of the memory card without necessarily downloading to the PLC.

So here are my questions, or if I'm heading in the wrong direction, let me know have a few questions.

1.) Can I hot swap the existing battery module with the memory module? I don't want to power down the PLC, because I don't want the program on the memory module to load into the PLC.

2.) Once the memory module is installed can I view the contents without downloading? Can I copy the program from the memory cartridge onto the laptop?

3.) Does the PLC program on the memory cartridge contain all the text and comments fields, or is it typcially a bare program, similar to uploading a program from a PLC?

Thanks in advance.