You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 15th, 2019, 02:33 PM   #16
JGax
Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond View Post
Without also changing the Motor Rated Voltage, wouldn't you be sending too low of a voltage to the motor at reduced speed/frequency? Maybe an autotune takes care of that...
I read manual about Auto Tune and I was not able to perform that function.
May you please explain a little bit how it works?

Regards
Old May 16th, 2019, 06:43 AM   #17
Gene Bond
United States

First, I am not that familiar with this model. But, on the many different models and manufacturers I have seen, the Motor Map (Nameplate data) is just a starting point for the Autotune function to tune the drive to the motor.

The Autotune finds the resistance, inductance, magnetizing current, etc. on the motor and uses this data to calculate the required current (and thus voltage) the motor requires for a given torque and speed. The range of the test may not allow the tune to successfully find the optimum settings if the initial data is not 'close enough'.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum