TP070 Siemens Panel display - strange problem

Preeya

Hi everyone,

I had a strange problem with TP 070 panel display yesterday. After I downloaded my project ( which has 4 screens) I noticed that in one page the text I wrote in front of a dynamic value was not displayed.

The text box doesn't have any properties (visibility etc) nor is attached to any tag on the S7 200. And only 2 texts was not seen. Later when I kept downloading it got fixed.

Not sure why/ how it happened at all. Not sure what I changed too?! Has anyone faced a similar situation?

Thanks!

The Windows CE based operator panels from Siemens will not be displayed 100% WYSIWYG in Protool. There will be differences. Most are minor, but some can result in strange appearances on the panel.
Chances are that the text somehow was outside the screen area.

It is also possible that there is a bug in Protool (I have found some). Cleaning up a project by copying all tags and screens from one project into another can cure some "strange" errors.

Also, it is possible that tags can get "strange". There is a semi-secret cleanup function:
Open the cross-reference with some tag.
Press CTRL and RIGHTCLICK with the mouse, while the crossreference window is open. A menu will appear with a new action Scan all logerror . Use it to find all the "strange" tags. In the same menu use Repair All to fix the strange tags.
Not sure if it has anything to do with what you have seen though.

edit: OOPS. Protool is for TP/OP170 and up. Which package do you use for editing the TP070 ?
I guess that my advice arent very helpful for you, sorry.

Last edited:
Hi Jesper,

Thanks for your reply. I do not use protool for programming TP 070. The software I use is TP designer. This is less advanced and does not have cross reference feature.

This might be a bug in the software. Or may be its because of Windows XP!

Thanks!

Check your "Foreground" and "Background" colors. If you get them set wrong it will be difficult to see. If they are the same as the page color, you won't see them.