Mitsubishi FX1N program

johnd_125

I have a customer who has a Mitsubishi FX1N plc. Their understanding is the FX1N is going obsolete and they want to change it over to an AB Micrologix.

I will be making this conversion and in order to save time, I'd like to at least be able to see a print out of the Mitsu plc program so I can re-create the logic in RSLogix500.

I was given the Mitsu files. Apparently there are 4.
Gppw.gpj
Gppw.gps
ProjectDB.mdb
Project.inf

I downloaded and installed a demo version of GX Developer Version 8.102G that seems to work with these type of files but it won't open these particular ones.

Is this the right software or am I doing something wrong in trying to open this project?

TIA

GX Developer is correct for those files. You can try zipping the files and posting here. Myself or others could try to open them and give you a PDF printout. There are plenty of people familiar with Mitsubishi here.

🍻

-Eric

The four files are in a sub directory
the project you need to ZIP up is the Directory and its files.
there are guide lines available at rockwell for converting to AB.
I might ask though, why not upgrad the Mits PLC
Cheaper in time and effort

So it looks like someone zipped it up without the proper directory structure before they sent it to me.

I'll go back to them and see what I can get.

Thanks.

To keep it simple the FX3 range is virtually identical I understand that the FX1 is still current but FX2 range is now defunct, however the FX2 range of I/O cards are still current and compatible with the FX3 I have just upgraded an FX2N with a FX3U all I had to do was change the plc type & it worked.
I am now working on a similar system where the FX2N program is written in the GXIEC there is an error regarding a function used called speed however it does not shut down the plc so this is the only error even though there are a number of analog cards & special PID cards all seems to work fine but not checked the function of the speed function yet but seems to be working.

Hello, jack here. Im having some problem to open the project files with GX Developer 7.04. Is there anyone can help me to open it? And the files types is unvalid to upload to here. If there is someone to give some help, kindly leave your email here and I will send those files through email. Thankyou very much.

Last edited: