Reading a Allen Bradley bit in Wonderware

Ones_Zeros

Hello,
I was needing to read an output bit of O:7/0 in wonderware.
I can see this bit change states in the PLC but it doesn't in wonderware.

Does this have to be configured in wonderware a certain way to read this address?

thanks,

yes, you should be able to see the bit status.

please post the plc model #
the plc processor name
the version of wonderware
the method of communication to the plc
the plc tag address scheme in wonderware for the plc bit.

james

please post the plc model #
the plc processor name
the version of wonderware
the method of communication to the plc
the plc tag address scheme in wonderware for the plc bit.

Hello
the PLC is a
Allen Bradley 1747-L551C 5/05 CPU
Wonderware version = 2012R2 (10.6)
Method of communicating to PLC = Using Wonderware DASABTCP driver
PLC tag address scheme = Item name in WW = O:7.0 (this is all i have in the item name)

thanks,

If at all possible, do not address physical I/O addresses with your HMI.

Especially in the modern MicroLogix (1100 and 1400) platform, there are some complexities in the way the data is addressed that make it not work with some 3rd party drivers.

Copy the Output words to a B or N file, and read that with your HMI.

If at all possible, do not address physical I/O addresses with your HMI.

Especially in the modern MicroLogix (1100 and 1400) platform, there are some complexities in the way the data is addressed that make it not work with some 3rd party drivers.

Copy the Output words to a B or N file, and read that with your HMI.

Good advice, but still, it should have worked. I've found that I sometimes need to stop and restart the ABCIP DAServer in order to read a newly created tag in InTouch. Don't know if that applies to the DASABTCP IO Server.

Ken,
I will give this a try, just to make sure... how is the best way to "copy"
the output to the bit level or a integer? Just wanted to make sure that I use good practice.

Bit_Bucket,
I tried deactivating the DASABTCP IO Server and re enabling it, but no luck.
one question and I have tried it both ways, but when entering the output into wonderware at the "item" name. What is the syntax? I have tried both
O:7.0 and O:7/0. When I look at the SMC I can see Wonderware reading the output but it never changes states when the PLC changes.

thanks,

I have had problems before with HMI's reading the IO directly.

What I do is set up a mirror bit file B30:0 - :xx to math the rack IO card count

Then near the end of the main ladder I put MOV I:1.0 B30:1 for slot 1 - unless it is a 32 point card! - then follow with a similar MOV for each digital card.

If I only need a few IO ponts checked then XIC O:7.0/0 OTE B3:1/1 "It's On Bit" for the HMI

Also, for your example you may get better results with O:7.0/0. O:7.0 would read the 16 bit word of card 7, and O:7/0 might need the 7.0/x

Last edited: