Studio 5000 and windows 10

irondesk40

Being forced to switch to a new windows 10 pc at work. Have quite a few machine projects that i used a compact logix L24ER PLC and they was programmed as version 23.
From what i can tell Rockwell does not confirm that version 23 will work with windows 10, they only confirm on the Rockwell web site that version 24 works.

Most of these machines are in Asia and Honduras. I know i can open and save the program as a version 24 and redownload into the plc's, but at the moment none of these machines are on a network.
Has anyone used a Windows 10 pc on a version 23 project?
Thanks

My IT department replaced my HP laptop with a Dell because I could not get anything below v24 to work IF I had anything above 24 installed.

After changing over to a dell, I was able to install every Rockwell software we have with no problems.

I do not know why the HP I had was such a POS, but the Dell runs circles around it.
Both machines had the same windows 10 OS and updates.

I've been running on a Windows 10 machine for a couple of years now with a spread of RSLogix/Studio 5000 ranging from version 16 to 32 without any problems.

It seems to be the newer releases. I have been running 20.01, then 20.04 on Win10 for years, but 20.05 and 26.01 have to be run in Vista compatibility mode.

It is worth mentioning (for future and those having problems now) there have been some MS updates that caused problems although for me it was always RSLinx that got broken. If you're having an issue search Rockwell's knowledge base and see if there is a Windows update that needs to be rolled back.

This my experience too, except v27, that doesn't want to install at all.
There's a workaround for that, if you don't mind getting into a little XML editing. Basically you just have to tell the installer to GTFO with its "is this operating system supported" checks and have a go anyway.

A couple of months back I managed to get everything from v13 through to v32 installed and working on Windows Server 2019, so there should be no reason you can't make them all work on Windows 10 too. See this thread