Protool error when opening file

hello everyone

Please help I have a program for the machine written on protool and Step 7, I wanted to open it to add an edit to it.

Unfortunately, I don't have information about version of Protool is my HMI panel developped in.

Can I know it through the control panel?

I instal protool v6 SP3 and Step 7 v5.3 on Windows XP Prof SP2, when open backup from PLC I have two panels Show them a sign protool, but when I try to open an application created on this version appears indicating a mistake "Error on converting OID 5 == OID_POB_CTDRIVER_MANAGER. Please contact the manufacturer." "Unexpected file format" Atached images.🔨

I tried to convert the backup from Protool to winCC flexible, but I have not yet found the appropriate version winCC flexible,

ProTool_Erro_1.JPG

I think that in the Simatic Manager project, you can rightclick on the HMI Panel and open the Properties. There you shall be able to see which version it is.

If the panel is based in Windows CE, then you should be able to open the Control Panel, and then there will be an "OP" applet. When you open that, I believe you can see the firmware version and maybe the version of the Protool Runtime software.

I am not sure since it has been a long time since I worked with Protool.
It works like that for WinCC FLexible.

Is the Protool HMI integrated in the STEP 7 project, or a separate file?

Which order did you install WinCC Flexible and Protool? You must install Protool AFTER WinCC Flexible. You must use WinCC flexible 2008 + SP2 or lower to convert from Protool.

hello sigmadelta.

Thank you for your response.

the Protool HMI integrated in the STEP 7 project. I Try to install WinCC Flexible on Windows XP Prof SP2 V 2002, But to no avail. Although there is a consensus between them in the Siemens document I think. I am now looking for a lower version of WinCC flexible 2008 + SP2.

Untitled.png Новый рисунок.jpg

If you are using a PC with WinXP SP2, definitely upgrade it to SP3.
Even better is to change to Windows 7. You than have the best compatibility for both new and old programs.

For very old Protool projects, I keep a VM with Protool and WinCC Flexible 2008 SP2.
With that, I can migrate from Protool to WinCC Flexible.
Then in another VM I can migrate to 2008 SP5, and then to TIA V13.
Then to TIA V14 and finally to TIA V15.1

Protool can be installed under Windows 7 - 32 bit.
For legacy software definitely go for 32 bit.

Some have gotten Protool installed under 64 bit, but I think it takes some tinkering, and really mayb3 not worth the effort.