Siemens LOGO

Hi,
The nice thing now is that the new LOGO8! series with FS4 or higher firmware has modbus TCP. I use it now with the much cheaper HMI from Kinco instead of the overpriced Siemens HMI's.

"Siemens today announced the launch of APS Industrial as a new master distributor of industrial low voltage electrical and automation products in Australia. Leading the new entity will be the former MD of Rockwell Automation Australia and New Zealand, David Hegarty with Lloyd Thomas, previously CEO of NHP."
https://apsindustrial.com.au/2018/03/06/siemens-launches-new-master-distributor/

Wow, I bet pinching RA's Australian MD and the CEO of NHP (Rockwell distributor for all of(?) Australia) didn't ruffle any feathers.
🍻

Last edited:
Hi,
The nice thing now is that the new LOGO8! series with FS4 or higher firmware has modbus TCP. I use it now with the much cheaper HMI from Kinco instead of the overpriced Siemens HMI's.

Have you got any experience with its mobile app? Our clients are particularly interested in having live camera view of their CCTVs to on their phones.

Thanks

"Siemens today announced the launch of APS Industrial as a new master distributor of industrial low voltage electrical and automation products in Australia. Leading the new entity will be the former MD of Rockwell Automation Australia and New Zealand, David Hegarty with Lloyd Thomas, previously CEO of NHP."
https://apsindustrial.com.au/2018/03/06/siemens-launches-new-master-distributor/

Wow, I bet pinching RA's Australian MD and the CEO of NHP (Rockwell distributor for all of(?) Australia) didn't ruffle any feathers.
🍻

I have just contacted them. Thanks for this information!

I used one in my last house to monitor the well pump cycle times. It would set an loud alarm and de-energize the pump if it ran too long or cycled to often. I was worried about broken pipes to the barn or outdoor faucets left on.

I used one in my last house to monitor the well pump cycle times. It would set an loud alarm and de-energize the pump if it ran too long or cycled to often. I was worried about broken pipes to the barn or outdoor faucets left on.

Satisfied with the performance?

I was at SPS NĂĽrnberg and spoke to what I assume was a developer of the Logo.
Cameras: not yet.
Home Automation: lots of her colleagues have them in their houses. There was a drawing of a house at the logo8 stand, taking up about 1/3 of the display.
New version: "If you were here next year, we would be talking about the release of some of these features."
Upgrade process: new version would be a hardware replacement.

I was at SPS NĂĽrnberg and spoke to what I assume was a developer of the Logo.
Cameras: not yet.
Home Automation: lots of her colleagues have them in their houses. There was a drawing of a house at the logo8 stand, taking up about 1/3 of the display.
New version: "If you were here next year, we would be talking about the release of some of these features."
Upgrade process: new version would be a hardware replacement.

The reason why I am so interested in integration woth cameras is that it can then be total one stop shop..but now it looks like I will have to use something else for cameras, and rest with logo. Have you used the VMS of siemens?

Bumping an old thread to note that the newest IDEC and LOGO models are no longer fully interchangeable. You will need the appropriate software for them (WindLGC or Logo!Soft Comfort).

I ran into this myself, and found it was verified here.