PVPlus Compact 600 mer error

shailesh_vb

Hello Everyone,

I have created project in FTview 8.0 (ME edition). Now trying to transfer application to HMI PvPlus Compact 600. But when I create runtime application, I get following error message.
This error is coming only for compact HMI edition. I have attached error file. I am unable to attach ".apa" as file size is more than 1mb, but if possible please download it from following link and plz tell me where I am going wrong. Backup is very primary.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p277j8

Please guide me through this.

Thanks,
Shailesh

The problem is right there in your text file...
Only the Ethernet, Serial DF1 and Serial DH485 drivers are supported by Compact Machine Edition applications.

You have a communication driver configured that is not supported on a PanelView Plus Compact. Check out your Communication setup.

I have attached link backup link in above thread. I have used ethernet driver for communication and I am able communicate on PC when I test application.

I did't find driver named "RsLinx Classic" or "Micro850" in communication setup. I have attached sscreeshots for details. Please go through it.

Thanks,
Shailesh

Communication setup.jpg Tag Browser.jpg

FactoryTalk View thinks you have mis-named or mis-configured drivers. If you have RSLinx Classic defined in the project tree as a data server, remove it.

Look on the "Runtime/Target" tab to see if you there are drivers there that were previously created during experimentation or development.

To copy the Development driver schema (which you have stated works correctly) to the Target tab, click that big "Copy from Design to Runtime" button.

Hello Ken Roach,

🍻

Worked.
You are the saviour.

One more question, I want to move value into one of the Integer. But don't know how to write expression for it??

Thanks,
Shailesh

Last edited:
I want to move value into one of the Integer.

My guess is that you want to type a value in on the screen and have that value written to the PLC controller.

In general, this is done with a Numeric Cursor Input Point object.

Can you describe in more detail what you mean by "move value into [an] Integer [tag in the controller]" ?

Hello everyone

I've had the same trouble trying to create the runtime for a PanelView Plus 600 Compact.

The point is the FactoryTalk's comms driver (FactoryTalkLinx or RSLinxEnterprise) is detecting there is a not supported driver in the shortcut configuration. Specifically it's named RSLinxServer.

The solution has been:
1. Delete all drivers configured in RSLinx
2. Close RSLinx
3. Kill every RSLinx processes from Windows Task Manager
4. At the shortcut configuration in FactoryTalkLinx/RSLinxEnterprise:
4.1 Expand the first backplane and delete "RSLinx Server" node at Design tab.
4.2 Do the same for the Target tab: delete the node "RSLinx Server" located in the first backplane.
5. Add the shortcuts manually, verify and accept them.
6. Create again the runtime.