RedLion Raw RS-232 Serial Input

Lonestar71

Good morning and new to the forum.

Attempting to configure a RedLion CU30D using it's RS-232 port to log the input stream. "Raw" ASCII data is considered a third party device?? Per RedLion, this requires a separate program that acts as a receive routine?

Has anyone ran into this?

Many thanks!🍻

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Please describe your device in more detail and your application in more context.

In general, you'll need to set up the serial port for "Raw Serial" mode as a Master, and call a Program on the OnUpdate() event.

That Program is what will read the buffers (PortRead and PortWrite and inByte instructions), process the strings, manipulate tags, and all that good stuff.

I don't have a general purpose example of "read the port and log the data" but there are some expert Red Lion folks here who can point you in the right direction.