versamax CPUE05 connection to stepper motor

RioPLC

Hello,

I am wondering how to connect between my CPUE05 port 2 (15pin) to a stepper motor that calls for B+,A-,GND connections.

What type of hardware will I need, I cannot seem to find any db15 male with a 2 wire breakout.

Thank you

I have a 23MDSI from Anaheim Automation

Want to connect it to port 2 which is 15 pin on versamax CPUE05

I attach pic of 23MDSI wiring
https://gyazo.com/44264c97a105d6a82d356daf0e77a631

44264c97a105d6a82d356daf0e77a631

Ok so here's what I've found thus far:

Page 33 of the document below has a general description of the serial I/O port functionality.

Page 54 has the pinout of the Serial I/O ports.

Page 225 describes how the Serial I/O works.

Let us know if this is helpful. I don't know much about using serial ports to interface with motor controllers but this should at least get you some info about physical connections and how to move forward.

http://www.cimtecautomation.com/documents/techsupport/VersaMax/Manuals/gfk1503cUserManual.pdf

Port pinout is shown in chapter 3 of the VersaMax manual GFK-1503. TDA is pin 12. TDB is pin 13. GND is pin 5.

Details of setting up the port for serial data communications can be found in Chapter 12 of the same manual. You will need to master the arcane rules of the COMMREQ function in ladder logic. Not for the faint of heart.

Edit GFK-1503 is the manual defkon.klaxon linked to.

I am good with COMREQ, I can send and receive ASCII over port 1. I think I am wiring wrong.

I have a male db15 15 pin terminal breakout board connected to my port 2 with B+ from motor on pin 13, A- from motor on pin 12, and GND from motor on pin 5

Is this correct?

My comreq task is set to 0020

Last edited:
That wiring is the way I would have started. Did you set the port up for serial communications in hardware configuration or are you trying to set it up programmatically?
Are all COMMREQs enabled by one-shots? Are you monitoring the COMMREQ status word for errors? Does your breakout board have any LEDs to indicate signal traffic on the lines? Do you have any tools to monitor the characters on the data lines to see if you are transmitting what you think you are?