Inquiry! S7-300

Hossam Azzaz

Dear all,
I'd an issue related to Siemens S7-300 with a 315 CPU. The CPU has a ProfiBus cable connected and I attached my MPI cable to the socket to CPU and successfully downloaded the Ladder logic diagram to my laptop, but the problem appeared when I tried to monitoring ONLINE with CPU, a message of "Unable to reach the module CPU 315-2 PN/DP via the online interface".
So, what could be the reason ? and how to fix this ?
Thanks.

Which version of STEP 7 is this?

If it's STEP 7 V5.x, try going to Options -> Set PG/PC Interface
Select PC Adapter (Auto), and try to detect the network settings

I think what might have happened, is the baud rate of the MPI network in your project is different than the baud rate that was in the CPU before you downloaded.

I think what might have happened, is the baud rate of the MPI network in your project is different than the baud rate that was in the CPU before you downloaded.

Or

Hossam Azzaz said:
I attached my MPI cable to the socket to CPU and successfully downloaded the Ladder logic diagram to my laptop

They downloaded a blank project.... and needed/wanted to upload :unsure: