GE Profinet IO Connection issue

Sanjo_peter

Some of our profinet IO scanners (IC200PNS001 - GSDML - V2 2GEIP - Versamax PNS - 20110210) are dropping out intermittently for 7 seconds. Other profinet scanners connected to the same controller do not have any issue. Is there anything can be done from the PLC to fix this issue?

Besides the Obvious, Make sure the latest firmware. Any cabling termination rj45 be checked for defects. 1 node or device can create a broadcast they may be knocking out the others. Is all the devices on the same network that are affected. The ones not affected on a different network or the same. Are these on a switch or daisy chain from the controller. If on a daisy chain from controller I suspect the first inline that the trouble starts to be a suspect.If that one loses power or hickup it will affect the other downstream. Are you using the PINO_DEV_COM instruction and you may be able to see any faults accruing in the fault table may tell you also.