RS 500 Pro Macro/VBA code generating examples?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
So basically

I want to copy Ladders 10-19 to 20-29, 30-39 etc. All the way up to Lad 180-189 For a total of 18 copies.

LAD 10-19 use Datafiles, B10,N13,F15, I want LAD 20-29 to use B20,N23,F25, then LAD 30-29 would use B30,N33,F35, etc

So it would be a script that does the ladder copy and then replaces the Datafile part of the Address in for all the instructions, in the copies

Does anyone have an example doing something even remotely like this?

I found the Macro Reference manual but I was hoping I didn't have to start from absolute zero.

This isn't just to create the logic the first go around, this would be to update changes too. To keep all of the Logical Units Identical.

There would be several better ways to handle this in RS 5000, but I am stuck stuck with MicroLogix PLCs for this product line. (even better would be codesys but again not my choice)

I simply convert the logic to mnemonics and import into Excel with columns separated by spaces. Then I replace each address with a place holder. Then use another sheet to list all of the addresses for the place holders and then another sheet to link them. Then take those mnemonics and paste them into SLC rung editor and like magic hundreds of lines of logic.

Sweet!!!!

Note: I got the following error when trying to import frmMain "Line 2: Property OleObjectBlob in frmMain could not be set."

I opened frmMain.frm in NotePad++ and got the code behind thought. I will probably make a new UI that is relvent to my situation.

I like you comment in the Module1 file lol

Still going through the code, might post back later with some questions.

Second Note: I was in high school when you first wrote this, LOL. Makes me feel like an infant. Really kind sad though that RS 500, hasn't really had much feature enhancements in 13 years though.

Last edited:
I simply copy the rungs to a library file and save it as master file for example.

create a dummy subroutine and insert the code and import the library file and use the edit index function. that way you replace the b10 files with b20 and so on. then do a local search and replace for the text descriptions, timers, counters....

the last step is to copy and paste the rungs into the place where you want them. it takes a while to get the hang of it, but when you learn it, it goes fast.

james