HMI on a Raspberry Pi

Well I just ordered a touch version, supposed to be here Friday. It's a slightly different panel (SainSmart).
I was comparing the pictures on Amazon of the SainSmart versus the Tontec and the controller boards look exactly the same. It looks like the only difference is the Tontec comes with a remote control and is $5 more. Not sure how useful a remote control would be on such a small screen.

You know I didn't even notice. It was kind of a lunchtime impulse buy. I was going back and forth between the Tontec touch version of what you bought and the higher res one. I had to poo or get off the pot and ended up ordering the SainSmart

Hey Archie, did you have any trouble getting yours full screen? Mine is about 10% smaller than full screen. It's still wide screen, just an unused boarder all the way around.

Also, I got the touch screen working, had to recompile the kernel. It works though, I just have to calibrate it now.

also take a look at MySCADA.
They have a Rasberry Pi Image that you can install directly on your microSD card.
or you can install it on any version of Linux.

With the Launch of Raspberry Pi 2, I could see using it in some non-critical applications as a super inexpensive, but very powerful, HMI.

http://myscadatechnologies.com

Hey Archie, did you have any trouble getting yours full screen? Mine is about 10% smaller than full screen. It's still wide screen, just an unused boarder all the way around.

Also, I got the touch screen working, had to recompile the kernel. It works though, I just have to calibrate it now.
I had to edit /boot/config.txt to force it to the correct display resolution,

AdvanceHMI on Pi

I briefly mentioned this on another thread, but it has gained a lot of interest on other forums and groups so I thought I'd create a separate thread on here for the subject.

For those not familiar with a Raspberry Pi, it is a palm sized computer that was originally designed as a low cost education tool. They sell for $35 or less, depending on the model. After it's release it gained huge popularity in many other fields and has been adapted for many different uses.

I recently tested running AdvancedHMI on the Pi and it runs quite well. Since AdvancedHMI is a .NET application and Mono can run .NET apps without modification, it's only a matter of installing Mono on the Raspberry Pi. The surprising thing is the same application developed and run on Windows will run directly on the Pi. You can literally copy the exact same exe file onto a memory stick and run it on the Pi.

The Raspberry Pi makes a great HMI for those looking for something extremely low cost.

I recently bought a 7" display for $45 to connect to the Raspberry Pi. Attached is a picture of the bare hardware showing an AdvancedHMI application running on it and communicating with a MicroLogix 1100. The Rapberry Pi is on the right enclosed in a semi-transparent case with a USB memory stick plugged into it. On the left is the control board for the display. The two are connected with a standard HDMI cable.

I have also successfully tested it with TwinCAT PLCs and Compact/ControlLogix. I haven't tested it, but I'm sure the ModbusTCP and Omron Ethernet drivers will work just as well.

Wanted to thank you for posting your success on this topic. I have been attempting to accomplish this for a few days now with out luck. Tried wine and mono and cant seem to get neither to run my AdvanceHMI.exe application. I tried a clean download and also and nothing. Started doing some searching and found your post and not much else.

Don't mean to dig up the past but is there any information you could provide or point me in a direction to help get my pi to run AdvanceHMI?

Wanted to thank you for posting your success on this topic. I have been attempting to accomplish this for a few days now with out luck. Tried wine and mono and cant seem to get neither to run my AdvanceHMI.exe application. I tried a clean download and also and nothing. Started doing some searching and found your post and not much else.

Don't mean to dig up the past but is there any information you could provide or point me in a direction to help get my pi to run AdvanceHMI?
Have you seen this information on the topic:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=666.0

It gives step by step details on installing the necessary software.

AdvanceHMI on Pi

In order to use the serial drivers in Linux, you must use the latest beta version. A link to it can be found in this thread:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2058.0

Think I'm overlooking something. Compiled a simple windows form using the latest beta version which consist of a start,stop and status light. It also auto detects available COM PORTS and sets one and allows port to be changed.
Works great in Windows10 using the SerailDF1forSLCMicroCom1 driver. From what I read this driver also supports mono in the beta version? Attached is a screenshot of AdvancedHMI running on the Pi showing the COM PORT being used and the "No response.." message.

Capture.JPG