Logging data from CompactLogix/ControlLogix

I'm very tempted by the Maple Systems cMT-G01 edge gateway device.

It has a lot less capability to do other things, compared to the Red Lion Edge Controller, but if your desired feature set is "log data via MQTT to a cloud server", then the price and footprint are very attractive.

I can't give you a first-person review, though, as my involvement has been mostly "see if I can filter out the BS and figure out what the devices do".

That's just great, why advertise 300+ protocol when I can't for the life of me see what these protocols are.

/website rage

I used to recommend https://infiniteautomation.com/ but they are making a lot of changes to the product and appear to be using the customers as quality control since they are frequent releases these days. Could be a good option when they get through this development burst or if you take the current version, make your solution work, and then don't upgrade until the next major release has settled down and you test that your setup still works. Caveat aside their product can collect data at the edge from a dozen different industrial protocols and send to a central cloud instance which would provide a cloud dashboard. I have been using it since 2006 and still deploy it alongside the primary HMI be it wonderware, ignition, citect, for the reporting and dashboard capabilities. It is quite reasonably priced and the support from the actual developers (team of ~5) is very prompt.

or ignition edge + ignition could be an option too