Help with SLC5/04 and RSVIEW32?

Aggregateman

Hey All, I’ve got a problem for anyone experienced with SLC5/04s running on DH+ controlled by a windows 98 desktop running Wintelligent View.

So I’ll try and provide as much information as possible but I am not at all fluent with these older systems. We have an aggregate processing plant that was set up ages ago, as far as I can tell it is 3 SLC5/04s running off of a DH+ network in a BUS network, my coworker removed the processors in an effort to set them in a set of racks we had lying around to set up a test scenario so we could figure out what the controls on the PC do to the files in the programs on each, since we have ZERO documentation. (he has the idea of using a panelview plus 15” connected with a RTAENI-N34-D realtime Ethernet interface card.) however it didn’t work, for obvious reasons because the test racks were not identical to the racks we pulled out and did not have matching input and output cards. He hooked them up and all he did was click “Clear faults” and didn’t change anything from there on out. The problem lies in that we have put the processors back in their original racks, and now something has broken communications between the HMI and the processors, (see attached pictures.) any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

This is the error I get when starting WintelligentView
AGG_4.jpg

but I have communication between the 3 processors, as seen here.
AGG_3.jpg

and I can view the data tables of each processor
AGG_2.jpg

Also if this Is a completely futile endeavor, and it would be a better option to rip the 3 SLCs out and upgrade to a compactlogix with Point I/O, please feel free to voice your opinions on that too, as that was my opinion.

AGG_1.jpg

Also if this Is a completely futile endeavor, and it would be a better option to rip the 3 SLCs out and upgrade to a compactlogix with Point I/O, please feel free to voice your opinions on that too, as that was my opinion.

I would be more concerned with the W98 running RSView32 more than the SLC's

With everything powered up have you rebooted the PC? or restarted RSView? I remember one project that has a few slow to boot nodes so I had to boot the RSView PC last after a complete power loss to the plant

Yeah, we tried rebooting everything several times in different successions, including PC last. Here are 3 screens I am not sure will be helpful or not.
Each picture is of the status of a different processor.
A6888987-2A82-4748-A83D-832614EB7E6F.jpg
8EE86E69-A13E-4628-BC8B-2667C5D7C3F6.jpg
30A351FC-FA75-455C-AB54-C6EA4E6D97A0.jpg

UPDATE: got them working by changing processors to program mode then back to remote and power cycling. I noticed they were stuck in program mode on that diagnostic screen. Now the question is, what is the most effective way to figure out what each button on this HMI changes. Any suggestions?

You will need someone with more knowledge in WW then I have, if you post the SLC program there maybe an easy was if its documented