uploading from old PLC causes RS5000 fatal error,

Hi Chaps,

I'm using a Logix 5555 processor as a test bed. 1756-L55/A: series A rev 1.4

I took it out of an old machine. My problem is whenever I try to upload from it my RSLogix5000 V 20.03 I get a fatal error. No error message.

When creating the processor for the new prog I can't get the exact model. altho I've uploaded the EDS from RSLinx.

If I attempt to download the new program I get fatal error.

I dug around and found a copy of the old program but if I try to open it with my RS5000 it fatal errors.

I can still work with all the new PLC's in the manufacturing line. Only this one kills my Rockwell software.

It seems like its an obsolete processor and cannot be config'd in RS5000 V20.3.
I've downloaded all EDS's to do with the L55 and looked for addonprofile but no joy. I've not seen a L55/A ver1.4. I'm about to give up. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/icons/icon9.gif

I'll add pic's of the PLC type and message

PLC
pofHA4H

Error
yDaCXQm

Anyone had this and found a solution?

The highest firmware that L55 Processors can use is 16. You're gong to need to use a Logix 5000 version that matches what firmware is loaded in that processor.

So the firmware revision you see on the module is what it was when it shipped. The firmware on that controller would have been updated to a newer revision. You will need to identify that version using RSLinx.

Once you identify the version, then you would need to install the matching major revision of RSLogix 5000 software. So if you determine that the controller is version 16.10 then you would need to install version 16.xx RSLogix on your computer. Only the major version of the hardware and software matter. The minor revision does not matter with this controller.

OG